- Founding Editor of Fault Zone Anthology series 2009-2013 (Volume 1-3.) Recruited and mentored subsequent editors, and continued editorial involvement to present
- Arranged Fault Zone readings at local libraries, bookstores, cafes and the San Mateo County Fair
- Received branch Louise Boggess Award in 2013
- Board Secretary for three years, 2014-2017
- Board President for two years, 2017-2019
- Community Readings Coordinator 2019-Present
- Brought Bay Area Generations reading series to the Peninsula 2019-2020
- Teamed up with San Mateo County Library to create their virtual Story Café featuring CWC published authors, 2020-Present
- Partnered with Shuffle Collective to present Inclusion, Confusion & Authenticity in Writing virtual panel discussion free to all CWC members, 2021
- Co-lead a popular weekly Shut Up & Write group 2018-Present
- Instituted June meeting and Writers Block Party at the SMC Fair, 2019
- Initiated Women’s Journeys: A Readers Theater Event at Dragon Theatre, bringing the work of 7 branch members from page to stage, 2020
- Volunteer Coordinator 2019-2021
- Critique Groups Coordinator 2019-2020
- Bylaws Committee 2018
- SMC Fair Literary Contest Judge 2016-Present
- Editing panels at the Fair
- Nominating Committees
- “Writers Helping Writers” presentations
- Active on board 2009-Present
Lisa is the author of multiple short stories (many in the Fault Zone series) and specializes in literary fiction with a twist of magical realism. Her novel is undergoing a final pass before heading out to agents. She loves her CWC community!
Louise Boggess award: 2021
Congratulations to Megan McDonald, recipient of this year’s Louise Boggess Award. The award is our branch’s top honor and is given each year for outstanding contributions to the club. Megan has been active in our branch on many levels. She served as our Hospitality Chair including the planning of the 2019 Holiday Party. She was active in the San Mateo County Fair Literary Stage for several years before transitioning to Literary Stage Liaison in 2020. She is busy planning to make next year’s event even more interactive! Her presentations through Writers Helping Writers, Think Tank and multiple library panels are always thoughtfully crafted and supportive to the writing community. She helped get the branch up and running on Zoom, acting as technology support for Monthly Meetings in the first half of 2020 and has recently been elected to serve as Vice President.
Thank you, Megan for your generous spirit and willingness to help our community.